stick baits on riggers

:P

Hello Lava: I run usually only spoons and lucky craft or yozuri plugs. You cannot beat the action of a plug back 50-100' trolling fast and then turning and stopping, let is sink or float and back to speed again. This usually is how I catch my larger fish? You can have the same effect with mid to large sized spoons just keep them tighter to the ball since they will sink faster. For really large fish which spook easy , try the 4-5" lucky craft american shad pointers(floater) back about 150' or so off of a 12 lb. ball then work it, even lift the ball up and down some footage, this drives the smarter fish crazy, sometimes they hit? Nothing beats the fight of a 10 lb salmonoid on a rigger set up with the right poles and line.

Good Luck,

Rob

Remember, always try new stuff, do not be a sheep let to slaughter

Thanks fellas-

The J-9 have been working well off of the planners as of late. Makes sense for them to work deep as well. Fo they work with flashers and spin doctors as well?

Robert, I'll be sure to give the lucky crafts a shot! Interesting tactic stopping the boat and changing the ball depth. Sounds like it's worth a shot.

Lavarocks

I've always gone with what I've been taught. Stickbaits on planner boards and spoons/ flies on riggers.

Do any of you guys run stickbaits deep off of riggers? If so, what kind?

If you do always what you've been taught......how are you ever going to learn anything new?

When it comes to fishing its WIDE open......do whatever you want and experiment.

There are no set rules....only possibley guidelines , to get you started ;)

Sticks off riggers :yes::)