trolling streamers

I second what Jason said. Those two set ups have taken a lot of Lakers and Landlocks from Adirondack lakes for me especially after ice-out. I add a little more weight on the planer set up as the fish move deeper. Keep the 8' lead though.

Good luck,

Shawn

try using 1 color of lead core between your main line and leader.... tying overhand loop knots in the ends of the lead core wil allow you to add them or remove them easily I like to run them behind a small dodger like a lake clear wobbler... or off mini-inlines...also try to pump the rod on the inlines.....

In the early spring we use floating and sinking fly lines for rainbows and landlocks. As spring progresses we switch to leadcore or wire lines and go to downriggers in the summer. there is no need to use planer boards in the spring unless you need to get more lines in the water. When fishing for landlocks we always run a Streamer in the prop wash they are not shy fish. If you keep your flylines near the same length you can run 4 lines without boards without to many problems.

Chris