Cayuga Afternoon at Deans

A busy working weekend but had a couple hours free this afternoon.  Very fortunate to live a short drive from Deans Cove.  First launch there since mid-January with the low Winter lake levels.  The new dock is great.....fingers crossed it holds up through the busy Summer season.  

Set the flat lines on the boards first to give the shallow water a try.   Nothing doing so slipped out a little and found hungry and fiesty Lakers willing to hit spoons on the riggers.  40-60 fow was the busiest depth.  Worked out to 120, but nothing much out there.  Was pulling lines when the dipsey carrying a flasher/fly fired for the only time but with the largest fish.  

Water surface temps ranged from 44-46, speeds of 2.2-2.4 were most popular.  

A great time made it easy to forget about the rain and fog.  

0411211729b.jpg

0411211537.jpg

0411211704a.jpg

• Like 2

A busy working weekend but had a couple hours free this afternoon.  Very fortunate to live a short drive from Deans Cove.  First launch there since mid-January with the low Winter lake levels.  The new dock is great.....fingers crossed it holds up through the busy Summer season.  
Set the flat lines on the boards first to give the shallow water a try.   Nothing doing so slipped out a little and found hungry and fiesty Lakers willing to hit spoons on the riggers.  40-60 fow was the busiest depth.  Worked out to 120, but nothing much out there.  Was pulling lines when the dipsey carrying a flasher/fly fired for the only time but with the largest fish.  
Water surface temps ranged from 44-46, speeds of 2.2-2.4 were most popular.  
A great time made it easy to forget about the rain and fog.  
0411211729b.thumb.jpg.d72223e5801a7deb6db9765f39bc01bd.jpg
0411211537.thumb.jpg.a5ac75e8a7d2e5a3c978e6ff9dc57896.jpg
0411211704a.thumb.jpg.9670ec70f30474a599793e42e0b99b6f.jpg

He looks like he’s saying ”you sure you don’t want to go duck hunting???”

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

24 minutes ago, split-shot said:

Nice reports guys.  That's a great looking new dock.  Do you see any concerns launching a 20 foot boat at these water levels?

Thanks...and some nice fish too.

The boat next to the dock in the photo is 24 feet and the lake continues to rise so no worries.

We launched a 23’ at Deans today with no problem at all. 
Lakers, Lakers, Lakers and a few Lakers all in Brown territory.  Man are they fun in shallow water when they obliterate a diving stickbait. 

Ok you gotta give me some tips. My boats going on Tuesday !!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

1 hour ago, ryanrobb52 said:

We launched a 23’ at Deans today with no problem at all. 
Lakers, Lakers, Lakers and a few Lakers all in Brown territory.  Man are they fun in shallow water when they obliterate a diving stickbait. 

Couldn't agree more about battling Lakers in the shallows.  A load of fun, though after a few you can start to wear down.....well I do anyway. :smile:

• Like 1