Minn kota auto pilot

Smat64

Any one know the differences between i-pilot and i-pilot link?

I have 800 series hummingbird which I don’t think can link to the minnkota.

I have an iphone and ipad with navionics. Does that work via Bluetooth with both minn kotas?

Any one running the trolling motor to steer the boat while the main motor is driving?

I assume any waves it would be tough to hold a line and the trolling motor could be out of the water when the bow is up on a wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Link hooks into a Humminbird. Non-Link doesn't. It may work with you Humminbird if there is an Ethernet port.

You don't need Link to get the AP function, spot lock, and cruise control. The Link function comes in handy if you're trying to follow a contour, or head to a waypoint and spot lock.

Let me know what you're looking to order. I sell them at Krenzer Marine. Trolling motors are on a national back order, and some of my customers have been waiting months.

I had a 112lb 72in.36 volt Terrova on a Trophy 2052.(21ft). It was on the boat when I bought it. Used just for autopilot steering. It was very,, very effective at that. Held position better than any other type system that I ever had and I have had a few. The capability of turning the bow 90 degrees when required is interesting. With the 72 in shaft it was quite deep and didn't have any problem with it clearing the water in any wave height I wanted to fish. My problem was that I fish alone
Often and deploying and retrieving it in 2+ ft waves was unsafe. I did sell it and I am putting a 9.9 on the back. Hope I don't regret it.

20200915_072624.jpeg

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I would like to follow a contour. How would i get the contour on the ipilot link? Bluetooth?

I’d like to stick to 12v.

I run an older power drive MKAA1697771. On my 1967 16’ starcraft

I have the black adaptor plate do the new ones fit on those adaptors?

I use a Terrova with Ipilot for my 17ft starcraft. Its a 12V system. I power it with the best Gel battery I could find an usually run it to steer the boat while trolling. I have run it almost 6 hours straight and have yet to kill it. I fish alone a ton and it does a hell of a job following way points but wish I had gone with the upgrade to follow contours. I did put the original trolling battery in a battery box with a 4' length of cable and a female connector on the end so if I ever ran low on juice I could just plug right in but I have never needed it so I stopped carrying it . I only bring it on trips for a backup now. I have zero complaints with the system. A heavier boat I would go with a 24v system though as well.

On 4/16/2021 at 9:18 PM, Smat64 said:

I would like to follow a contour. How would i get the contour on the ipilot link? Bluetooth?

I’d like to stick to 12v.

I run an older power drive MKAA1697771. On my 1967 16’ starcraft

I have the black adaptor plate do the new ones fit on those adaptors?

You'd need a Hummminbird with a Lakemaster chart card, and a Minn Kota trolling motor with Link.

• Like 1