Best app for wave height?

I use an app called Windy. Free for the basic app. You can also get up to date current info with the NOAA bouy
data. Specifically bouy 45012 which is off Rochester is useful.
You can call a phone number and get wave heights, usually delayed about 50 min. You can also set up online to view the info. Very useful.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have 8 weather and waves sights and not one is correct they say 1 foot or less you get 2 to 3 footers. They say 5 to 7 footers its like glass.

• Like 2

I have 8 weather and waves sights and not one is correct they say 1 foot or less you get 2 to 3 footers. They say 5 to 7 footers its like glass.

Whichever app you use , add a foot to the predicted height. If it’s calling for 1-3 , figure 2-4. Been fishing Lake O for a lot of years and have yet to find a dependable forecast. I’ve sat at the launch watching the 1-3 waves crashing over the break wall. What you see when you get to the lake , is what you get

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I use the App called Windfinder. It's free. I look at direction and speed at the closest port I fishing out of. Generally 15 mph or less is fishable with most boats and a little experience. After that it's all direction dependent. I find the direction of the wind, and time it changes to be more accurate than a wave forecast from NOAA.

• Like 1