Erie perch

lilhelpfromfriends

Did a 3 man limit Sunday on the great lake Erie.

All good tanks. Smallest fish caught was a 9 incher. Had to battle the waves but got into a good rhythm to limit in under 4 hours. Great time! Called a smaller boat loaded with kids over to enjoy the action with us. It was great hearing the reactions of the kids when they put a monster over the rail. That's what it's all about. 20210418_104026.jpeg20210418_101247.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Great job! We were there Saturday and struggled to say the least. Only managed to boat 4 Perch all day. Not exactly sure what in the hell we could have been doing wrong as we did have boats around us a few times that were hammering them...... a bit frustrating but it's part of the game I guess.

You really have to be right on them and have the right tackle , bottom rig and technique to get them at times. I have had occasions where I was hauling them in and boats 20’ away were not. I also have had that happen to me. It’s great when it all comes together though.makes it all worth while.

It happens.  First time out, the schools were really tight. If you were not on top of them, forget it. That was in March with the big ice flow next to us. I got blanked. Not even a hit.  Sometimes, fish have a way of making us look dumber than them :smile:

I

• 4 weeks later...

There's still some decent perch fishing out of the Catt..... We wound up with 55 yesterday, but did have to work for them. The fish we found were in 58 fow...... and we got fish on salted emeralds, and goldies...... one didn't really seem better than the other. We quit at 2:15. There was only one other trailer in the Hanover parking lot when we left. Gobies suck.

Edited by Traveling Circus