ISO Remington 870 express rifled slug barrel 20 gauge

GAMBLER

I looked for those 20 gauge slugs on Sunday, but apparently must have given them to somebody else because they're gone. I can check with Jeff - he might still have them at his house from when Caleb was young.

16 minutes ago, Frogger said:

Brian, have you tried throwing slugs down the smooth bore? I got a rem jr 20ga for my now oldest with my youngest using it now, he’s 12, was amazed how accurate the thing was at 50yds with just the bead sight. Might be better off investing in that 12ga for him? they grow so quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I hunted with that 20 with the smooth bore for years and killed a lot of deer with it.  My buddy has the same gun with the rifled barrel and it is way more accurate.  I have a 12 but I want to start him out with the 20, then a rifle and a muzzleloader.  

14 hours ago, rod hog said:

avon gun shop has alot of barrels I dont know ifthey have a rem 20 ga. worth a call

Thanks Dave.  I will give them a call.  I found 2 on ebay but the bids are getting out of control!  I could buy him a new gun for what they are up to!  

I had good luck on ebay for a 1100 rem choke bird barrel.

If nothing works the lightfeilds shoot great in both rifled and smooth bore barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips guys.  I ended up pulling the trigger on a barrel on Ebay.  No one around had any.  I paid $350.00 but it will be cool to have my kid shoot his first deer with the gun I shot my first deer with.  

• Like 1