Getting ready to mount my fish hawk transducer for my first time salmon fishing and have a few questions.

I know fish hawk runs around 70 to 80 khz so running my transducer at 83 while using it will make interference. I would like to keep it on the same mounting block to make my life easier in running wires and holes.

So my thought is while running at speed I can use my lowrance on 83 khz then when trolling and using the fishhawk switch over to 200 to avoid interference?

Also will salmon show up alot different using 200 instead of 300? I finally got good walleye arches running at speed and while trolling using 83 khz and dont want to mess with that but also dont want to screw pur trip up with improper mounting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The transducer can be mounted on the same block with no problem mine shares a screw with another transducer. Running on 83 Khz while the Fishhwawk is on will usually make the Fishhawk go on "random program".  the 83 Khz will work fine with the Fishhawk off and you wouldn't be running it while on plane anyway. The 200 khz is usually best running 0-100 ft in fresh water. It has a narrower cone angle than the 83 khz so not great for marking downriggers in deep water either as they easily go outside the cone angle.

Edited by Sk8man

If just running the riggers I run it at 83 khz much of the time. If I use my Fishhawk I switch the finder to 200khz and if fishing shallow it usually marks the riggers and when fishing deep I just go by the Fishhawk and  the counter on my riggers.

adj1.jpg

Edited by Sk8man