dipsys,jet divers or snap weights?

thats what i was hoping for,i use lead core quite a bit ,but never off planers,i fish quite a bit in Oneida for walleyes,i have downriggers but im reaching out to some different waters this year,i have heard lots of talk about browns on Ontario in early spring,with planer boards ,i just picked up some planers (offshore inlines)but wasnt quite sure how to get them a little deeper,from what i read most of the action in spring is fairly shallow?but when summer and fall hit i will no doubt have to go deeper,also for walleyes on other lakes.do you use lead tied to the end of the mono kinda like a long leader?or can i go straight lead from leader/board/ reel?or will it pull the board down?

Snuff I set up my lead lines with power pro backer usually 30 pound, then the leadcore, and then 35-50ft. of flourcarbon leader. I keep a couple of different lengths around the boat (3,5,7,10 colors) that way I can reach different depths and still run the cores off my boards.

a wealth of info,thanks.im gonna try to hit the big o this weekend if we dont get big waves.when you troll shoreline for browns ,you dont use anything to get deeper or is the diver or spoon going deep enough?and in what depth do you troll,i have heard guys say they troll in 15ft? ...a ball park figure i know that today can be very different then tomorrow.