Fished Fair Haven on Thursday. Went 8 for 11, all browns. When we found stained water we would fine fish. No schools of fish but one here one there made for a nice day. All fish came on sticks baits on planner boards. fished 8-10 FOW most of the time. We started east in the early morning then the area cleared and went west about 3/4 of the way to Port Bay. We found a lot of good looking colored water and boated 5 fish from 11:30 to 1:30. Lost 3 in the same area.

Fished Fairhaven on Thursday we fished the stained water from 10:30am to dark and went 13/30+,f all small browns. We had a lot of releases with nobody home and a lot that shook off. Any ideas why? We were using spoons and stickbaits green seemed to get the most action. I tied on a small Rapala and went 5 for 5 on that bait. Are smaller baits better earlier in the year?

All in all we did have a great day, the weather was perfect and we had all kinds of action!

Fished Fairhaven on Thursday we fished the stained water from 10:30am to dark and went 13/30+,f all small browns. We had a lot of releases with nobody home and a lot that shook off. Any ideas why? We were using spoons and stickbaits green seemed to get the most action. I tied on a small Rapala and went 5 for 5 on that bait. Are smaller baits better earlier in the year?

All in all we did have a great day, the weather was perfect and we had all kinds of action!

Nice report!! :yes:

Were you using mono with long leads??? there is alot of stretch in some mono, so less than solid hook ups could be expected.

I have not gotten out myself yet. But all reports are good. Every one that I ahve spoken to were having double digit days on Thursday and friday. I was not taking long to get those number either. I'm hoping to be out there myself this coming weekend.

Thanks Pete, yeah maybe that is the problem but we never had that many misses in the past. Usually we lose one out of 4 not the other way aound! It was funny we would get a release, someone would grab the rod with nobody home and while we were bringing it in they would hit again! this happened at least 5 times! It was a riot!

Nice report!! :yes:

Were you using mono with long leads??? there is alot of stretch in some mono, so less than solid hook ups could be expected.