Reel Doc and Traveling man joined me for some fun fishing/ shakedown mission with the big Crestliner today. Fished a lil East in 90 -100 fow with riggers at 50, 60 n 70 down. Slide divers down 35-45 . 8 and 10 colors w/ spoons  off big boards and a 300’ copper w/ jointed rapala down the chute. Mostly spoons on other stuff + a ‘joelagreca’meat rig/flasher combo on 1 rigger.Surface speed: 2.5-3.1. All presentations took fish. Mostly kings today with a few pushing into the 20#s . Nice day on the water with old friends

53ADC77C-650E-4FFC-9A0A-461E1AAF4CF1.jpeg

732E3F5D-5020-44AC-964F-2823DAFF7E91.jpeg

41693F82-26B5-46D0-BE20-16A3FA69602C.jpeg

Edited by chowder
Added info
  • Like 8

28 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

Nice work gents. I decided I wanted fish fry so I stayed off Lady O. 

29D1EAC9-55DE-4151-914F-7A46CD6410A6.jpeg

Well done! I'll fish for them all day with a couple ultralight rods. Still over 8 lbs of walleye fillets in the freezer though... 

Picked the big Crestliner up at L&M (Hank's) on Friday after a long winter for that boat and  started organizing things in the afternoon but wife came home and wanted to sit in the sun and have a beer so... Anway, boat ran like a top, but I had forgot to put my spoon pads in the boat so all we had were the ones that were still on the rods. All's well when your'e with friends. I also forgot to toss any fish rags in the boat.

4 hours ago, chowder said:

Picked the big Crestliner up at L&M (Hank's) on Friday after a long winter for that boat and  started organizing things in the afternoon but wife came home and wanted to sit in the sun and have a beer so... Anway, boat ran like a top, but I had forgot to put my spoon pads in the boat so all we had were the ones that were still on the rods. All's well when your'e with friends. I also forgot to toss any fish rags in the boat.

Even though we are friends, the lack of spoon versatility was going to cost 1 star off your Google rating....Except, every time I suggested a spoon color change, a rod fired, so your 5 star rating was intact.....Until, no rag to wipe hands which was a nuisance as kept wiping on my pant legs so 1/2 star off....Until, I stopped at Country Sweet on the way home to pick up Wings, (best around IMO), and they almost tossed me from the store before giving me some wings as they claimed the potent fish smell on me was bad for Chicken wing sales so another half star off.....Sorry Andy.

I'll promise to pack some rags for the next trip

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Reel Doc said:

Even though we are friends, the lack of spoon versatility was going to cost 1 star off your Google rating....Except, every time I suggested a spoon color change, a rod fired, so your 5 star rating was intact.....Until, no rag to wipe hands which was a nuisance as kept wiping on my pant legs so 1/2 star off....Until, I stopped at Country Sweet on the way home to pick up Wings, (best around IMO), and they almost tossed me from the store before giving me some wings as they claimed the potent fish smell on me was bad for Chicken wing sales so another half star off.....Sorry Andy.

I'll promise to pack some rags for the next trip

Duly noted and amended