Cannon Retro Ease Retrieve Questions

Recently ive upgraded my riggers to have extendable booms. But the cord on the Retrieve isn't long enough. Anyone have a fix for this? Id like to have my booms extended out further if possible. And the homemade Retrieves ive had in the past don't seem to hold. Someone said us paracord but i just wanna see what people have used in the past and save myself a headache. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G998U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Im pretty sure that is exactly the answer i was looking for. Ill be buying 3 kits asap

my cannon retrieve kits came with like 8 foot cords, i have 5' booms and still cut a couple feet off, maybe someone cut yours to fit

might be easier to just buy new kits, you can find them on sale for 10$

Sent from my SM-G998U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes the original ones were stiffer than  paracord too and a little larger diameter but high quality paracord 's tensile strength is greater than most rope. If the length is right it should work it is just intended to get the cable back to you so the weight shouldn't be all that great. I use it for my safety lines on my Seth green rods:smile:

I think it is 3/16 " braided nylon rope . And i a hard time finding it . If you get to big , the knot won't fit in the pulley . 

If  you don't get the right thing , it won't work in the holding block you mount on the rigger . As I remember 1/8 was to small . And it will slip . 

After a while , what I bought to replace was slipping in that block , so I tied an overhand knot in the right location and that worked . 

Edited by HB2

3 hours ago, HB2 said:

I think it is 3/16 " braided nylon rope . And i a hard time finding it . If you get to big , the knot won't fit in the pulley . 

If  you don't get the right thing , it won't work in the holding block you mount on the rigger . As I remember 1/8 was to small . And it will slip . 

After a while , what I bought to replace was slipping in that block , so I tied an overhand knot in the right location and that worked . 

Good point. I guess I really didn't fully think through that part of it with the paracord.  The fit in that plastic part is important. It would drive you nuts if it kept slipping out.