Canadaigua 4/28/2021

Woke up early on the water at 530am out at 10:30 am 

Started in 50 fow on the northend  with led cores out 4 and 6 colors. Riggers set to 45 feet down. Fished for an hour and caught nothing.  Marked pretty much nothing even when we went out to 150 fow.  Lake temp is 45 on surface and 42 at 50 fow. 

shot down to the south end and marked fish deeper and target them at 70 feet down and stacked rods at 50. Led cores were tried at all

types colors.  

0 fish today and not even a release.  Blarg 

I am going to run 4 planers on Monday and target more of the skinny water.  

E6A6BC26-34AB-4899-A8A3-D7D0306C6B0B.jpeg

Edited by adesalvo

The skinny water is gin clear. I was out last week for about 4 -5 hrs. in my usual spots at north end and only marked 3 fish and no bait at a variety of depths , no hits. It is like a vast wasteland out there....pretty discouraging. I tried a bunch of stuff but there is little out there to begin with.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

The skinny water is gin clear. I was out last week for about 4 -5 hrs. in my usual spots at north end and only marked 3 fish and no bait at a variety of depths , no hits. It is like a vast wasteland out there....pretty discouraging. I tried a bunch of stuff but there is little out there to begin with.

I am hoping this week we get some warm rain which should help for Sunday.  

Got out on cdga again for some trolling Sunday. Figured we'd hook into something along the west shore structure of points and drop offs. Started near the water facility and fished to Ononda without a strike on the 3 color, 5 color, and 3 flat lines with a mix of sticks and spoons. Wanted to try during the overcast weather to see if it made any difference compared to our last bluebird day trolling session. Not even a pickerel would bite to save the day. At least the kids had fun. We'll be back out again soon. Good luck to all! 

Edited by troutman10
  • Like 1