Pulling copper on Seneca

It seems to be close to that time if year again. Thinking about getting out on Seneca this weekend if the weather holds out to handline some copper. Been away fron the lake for a few year honing our skills on the big O. Curious if anyone has been out or if anyone actually handlines with copper anymore? I was also wondering if any one has ever pulled copper on cayuga lake, seems like Cayuga has exploded with good trout and land locked fishing from what i have seen from reports the last few years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

It seems to be close to that time if year again. Thinking about getting out on Seneca this weekend if the weather holds out to handline some copper. Been away fron the lake for a few year honing our skills on the big O. Curious if anyone has been out or if anyone actually handlines with copper anymore? I was also wondering if any one has ever pulled copper on cayuga lake, seems like Cayuga has exploded with good trout and land locked fishing from what i have seen from reports the last few years.

I been pulling copper on Cayuga for about 10 years. I have seen and talk to a few people who do it as well. Dragging 350-400 feet of wire to get down to 100 feet . Getting my hands on an victrola box was a big game changer especially on the retrieve! Run about 10 feet 20 lb floral carbon leader. Like a northern king treble lure. Color doesn’t seem to matter! IMG_2312.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

Thanks for the feedback, seems like Seneca has declined in the last 5-10 years or so. Are you usually fishing the south end of Cayuga? Planning in putting in at Dean's cove and heading south.

I been pulling copper on Cayuga for about 10 years. I have seen and talk to a few people who do it as well. Dragging 350-400 feet of wire to get down to 100 feet . Getting my hands on an victrola box was a big game changer especially on the retrieve! Run about 10 feet 20 lb floral carbon leader. Like a northern king treble lure. Color doesn’t seem to matter! IMG_2312.thumb.JPG.bf0cb4da301f7b24ef18d8c437529997.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

There are a number of real good copper guys in the Geneva area of Seneca but right now with the derby approaching they may have lock jaw:lol:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1