Irondequoit Bay public launch ?

I drove by the launch today. It is still fenced in. The entire parking lot is finished except for the markings on the pavement and some top soil in certain places. The floating docks are not yet in, which makes it difficult to launch. But once they put in the floating docks it will be a good place to launch. As for the water level, it is a bit low, but not terrible. I saw several boats being launched at Mayers Marina and things were fine although it is a steep launch. Old Bill Mayer always used to say that when the water is low in spring somebody up above puts in his garden hose and adds some water. I'll stick to that.

Edited by rolmops

• 2 weeks later...

I used the I-Bay launch today. All the floating docks are in and there is a great courtesy dock with room for maybe ten rigs. The launch itself worries me. Specially the center one. (there are three launches). Backing down that launch you had better go straight and know what you are doing. It is narrow with walls on either side. There will be plenty of cars getting dented and scraped up this summer. I can foresee a lot of upset people with damaged vehicles because of a launch that was designed by a non boater.

I used the I-Bay launch today. All the floating docks are in and there is a great courtesy dock with room for maybe ten rigs. The launch itself worries me. Specially the center one. (there are three launches). Backing down that launch you had better go straight and know what you are doing. It is narrow with walls on either side. There will be plenty of cars getting dented and scraped up this summer. I can foresee a lot of upset people with damaged vehicles because of a launch that was designed by a non boater.

Maybe that will be a learning experience on how to back a trailer. I’ve watched some really entertaining trailer backing.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1