Breakfast in Olcott

There is some chatter about someone new taking over the Harbor resort restaurant(campground across rt 18) and opening early for breakfast but I do not know the timeframe.  For now Bills diner in Newfane is usually open by 530 am and Tim Hortons drive through in Newfane is open by 530 am. 

There is the East side market in Olcott that has opened early with breakfast sandwiches in the past during Summer and fall but you would need to inquire with them if they have started that yet.   

I used to go to a place in Wilson called "Down on Main Street" that opened at 4, but its been replaced by "Fat Papas Diner" that opens at 6. I wish I could still get an amazing breakfast at 4 am. Maybe next time im in Fat Papas ill suggest they open early on weekends during fishing season. I bet we could fill the place.

• Like 1

There is some chatter about someone new taking over the Harbor resort restaurant(campground across rt 18) and opening early for breakfast but I do not know the timeframe.  For now Bills diner in Newfane is usually open by 530 am and Tim Hortons drive through in Newfane is open by 530 am. 
There is the East side market in Olcott that has opened early with breakfast sandwiches in the past during Summer and fall but you would need to inquire with them if they have started that yet.   

Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The charter boat could prepare  breakfast for its guests. Head boats in Gloucester have sleeping bunks available overnight for fishermen with long distance travel. Chow was available when the boat got underway.

6 hours ago, jimski2 said:

The charter boat could prepare  breakfast for its guests. Head boats in Gloucester have sleeping bunks available overnight for fishermen with long distance travel. Chow was available when the boat got underway.

What in the world are you talking about ? This guy is obviously coming in from out of town with a boat ,not doing a charter. To suggest that the charter boat people could or should prepare breakfast is ludicrous. How many head boats are there in Olcott or on Lake Ontario . I guess the legalization of marijuana has kicked in ,Haha 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jimski2 said:

ya hear that Vince!  I am picturing Nick in his hoodie slinging hash and eggs. 😂

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, jimski2 said:

Breakfast on board is an opportunity.

Ya got that right. once the cruise ship Norwegian Wood ties off in Olcott and the buffet line opens up count me in for some breakfast on the Princess Line flagship. I know the charter captains have nothing else to do but worry about breakfast and that's what the clients are really there for., screw the Kings ,I need me some breakfast !!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jimski2 said:

Breakfast on board is an opportunity.

That would add a whole new level to our license... you would need food prep as well.  that is a thing if you look at the applications and renewals.  also for me that would grease up the cabin where the tackle is stored... NOPE!! 

• Like 1

A catering operation is just not the thing, but if a charter boat would have a container of hot coffee,like the ones you can get at dunking donuts, to start the trip, that would be a success.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Ridiculous suggestion especially with covid concerns and bureaucratic factors surrounding food preparation etc.

• Like 1

Amazing!! Can't believe the way what seemed to be to be a simple question about where one might find early breakfast turned into some way out suggestions about the charters providing breakfast for their clients. Talk about getting sidetracked! Maybe some adventurous entrepreneur with a roach coach should set up at the marinas or launch ramps early in the morning. Could be a gold mine for somebody, except for all the regs about sales on state or private property. Still, could work.

Jimmy Dean or Bob Evans breakfast bowls can be placed in microwave in launch office

( I believe there still is one).  They are delicious. 

I am going to put a vending machine on my rig , making sure it's stocked with breakfast sandwiches,  coffee,  beer , bait and now that pot is legal I am going to have a " special " row of high end stuff so I can maximize my profit while trolling for Kings , which is apparently the secondary reason for going out on Lake Ontario. 

Edited by Bozeman Bob
  • Like 1

I am going to put a vending machine on my rig , making sure it's stocked with breakfast sandwiches,  coffee,  beer , bait and now that pot is legal I am going to have a " special " row of high end stuff so I can maximize my profit while trolling for Kings , which is apparently the secondary reason for going out on Lake Ontario. 
You should also bring a kid and a jetski along so they can run deliveried...BoatDash instead of DoorDash!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bozeman Bob said:

Send me your charter info!!! :smoke: