Sodus launch

My go to launch is in Sodus Bay next to Arnie’s Marine. Last time I was there was on 3/21/21 and the water was way too low to launch.  The launch next to the Coast Guard Station was blocked with construction equipment.

anybody launch there recently?

thanks

Was in Sodus last weekend.  There was  a bass tournament Saturday morning and there was not one trailer in the public launch parking lot near Margarita Rd.  All the boats launched from the Sodus Marina.  

I don't blame them for not using the public launch as they probably don't want to screw up their boats. That thing is the most poorly designed  launch I have ever seen and I thought before they did the "renovations" that they were going to improve things but they actually messed things up more. Whoever did that work could not have been a boater or fisherman.

Edited by Sk8man

That is a tough one to call :lol: I'd say the chances of screwing up your boat are greater at Sodus though. It was built way too high up and is not a floater as it should have been. VERY awkward coming back in especially.

They took out the floating docks and installed the permanent dock when the lake was at record high. Apparently they didn't get the IJC notice that the levels would change over 5 feet from year to year. Now I wonder if they will do anything to restore the launch to usable condition?