Headed out yesterday just in time for the beautiful NE wind. Managed a few fish and had a successful maiden voyage on my buddy's new to him fishmaster. 80fow with dipsys out 115 and 125. Blue jeans and alewive mag spoons. Couple nice kings and a burp lizard. Better than a skunk especially with the wind change.

Felt great to feel a king again. Good luck to all this season ! Tight lines

20210502_173915.jpeg20210502_170828.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

Nice!  Those fishmasters sure are nice and deep. I think I saw you guys out there, black boat?

Yeah nice set-up, good luck guys!!!

Two dipseys on the side!? I wanna do it but scared of one nasty mess with the current that lake has

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
Absolutely !

Inside on 1.5 and outside on 3.5. Never an issue, just send it !

On my boat we decided to play a dangerous game last staging season and ran 4 on each side. Mag inside on 1. Then regular size on 1, 2,3.5. Mixed up some on gunnel rod holders and some up on the trees. Kept all spoons or jplugs. Zero tangles. But, I won't do that again. One of those things we just had to try. It did get my son his PB though !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

NymphO, have your buddy reach out to me. I also have a "new to me" Fishmaster. Starting to try and build a network of "Fishmaster friends".

I have the same Big Jon riggers I still have to mount and curious if he likes the location on his boat.

• Like 1

NymphO, have your buddy reach out to me. I also have a "new to me" Fishmaster. Starting to try and build a network of "Fishmaster friends".

I have the same Big Jon riggers I still have to mount and curious if he likes the location on his boat.
Location is good, but I'm gonna place a wager he has cannons back there asap.

To prevent your riggers from banging on dock walls and poles, I would move the riggers inside the corners and just swing the arm out when in use. The dipsy rod holders should be slid back closer to transom so the wire line is not cutting across the back on turns IMO. 

To prevent your riggers from banging on dock walls and poles, I would move the riggers inside the corners and just swing the arm out when in use. The dipsy rod holders should be slid back closer to transom so the wire line is not cutting across the back on turns IMO. 
Don't tell me how to live my life !