Coho peanut flies.

Heard there are some coho around Wilson and have caught several but never targeted them specifically. Typically run my salmon flies 22" behind flashers. Is this approximate length the same for peanut flies behind 6" flashers? Probably try them behind 3 and 5 cores. Any pointers for targeting cohos?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Small orange dodgers and small orange spin doctors work awesome.  Run them off of short cores.  The bite has been awesome down west from the reports.  

I also run 15-18" leads for the Coho flies. You can run a little faster for Coho, but we typically just toss them in our Salmon spread and they do fine when the Coho are around.

Some days they want the 6" spinny (Chartreuse-Orange Crush has been our best as of late) - 6" Spin Doctors and some days they like Thinfish (Fluorescent Red-Yellow and Red-Black Squiggles (UV) are our best) - Thinfish

If you want to spice up your Coho program try a Big Jon rattle board 15ft in front of the thin fish.  These boards have sand in them and make noise going thru the water.  Coho can not resist them.  Also Steelhead will pound these if they are in there surface mood.  My Coho program has two of these out on each side of the boat on straight mono and 2 more rods with short cores on small boards usually with the small dodgers and coho flies.

rattle board.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 8:53 AM, GAMBLER said:

Small orange dodgers and small orange spin doctors work awesome.  Run them off of short cores.  The bite has been awesome down west from the reports.  

Hello, What is a short core? Thanks for your products, been slamming the Lake trout.

18 minutes ago, Doug N said:

Hello, What is a short core? Thanks for your products, been slamming the Lake trout.

I'd say anything less than 5 colors. Could be 1, 2, 3, or , 4 colors of leadcore.