One Color leadcore off boards

I'm new to this, never tried it.  We want to run one color of leadcore off boards on the rear boards 110 ft back.  Do we run mono , then spliced in 30 ft of lead core followed by a leader?  Running full leadcore the entire way is gonna hit bottom for sure right?  in 10fow.    Just want to try something different see how it goes compared to split shot weighted rods. 

18 hours ago, Hounds said:

I'm new to this, never tried it.  We want to run one color of leadcore off boards on the rear boards 110 ft back.  Do we run mono , then spliced in 30 ft of lead core followed by a leader?  Running full leadcore the entire way is gonna hit bottom for sure right?  in 10fow.    Just want to try something different see how it goes compared to split shot weighted rods. 

I have 1 color of lead with flouro leader on my leader spool with a micro swivel on one end and a snap swivel on the other. I'll usually run it on one of my full mono BT setups. I'll tie the mono directly to the swivel, reel it on top of the mono and attach my lure to the snap. Simple and I don't have to have a reel dedicated to it, anything 3 colors or more I have dedicated reels for.

• Like 3