Simrad Autopilot

PFM

I have an AP-44 Simard autopilot that will not hold course. I’ve called Simrad several times, I’ve downloaded most recent software and gone thru the whole menu of   Checklists...and calibrated several times. I’m trying this as a last resort before I tear it out and go to a Evilution Autopilot.  Thanks

PM

I just removed an EV 100 and sent the whole system back for repair. . In the Ev 100 case the display failed. These things are electronics and no matter what brand some are going to need repairs. Each component must be tested and reprogramed. Perhaps your compass failed. Or a wire failed. In my boat I've had a Simrad for 6 years with no problems. So Simrad isn't the only brand to have issues sometimes.

So frustrating... I had the ev-150 on my last boat and it worked flawlessly. Tough to fish without it...how was it done 20 years ago..lmao

• 2 weeks later...

It was working then stopped. I downloaded latest software and that didn’t really help. I just spoke with a field engineer last week who gave me a couple things to try when I’m out there this coming weekend. Biggest problem was getting someone to talk to me that actually knew what they were talking about. Hopefully it gets straightened out Friday. Part of the problem he thinks is because I have dual outboards. Need to recalibrate turn rate, vrf and tell the system it needs more voltage, and making sure it calibrates based on max starboard and max port 

• 1 month later...