Fished out of Hughs Marina today with my son and a work friend of his, Peter, and his son Shaun.

Left the house late and got to the Marina about 8 only to have a motor that did not want to start (tested later at my shop - bad cell). The owner Norm came over and was key in getting us going and out fishing.

Could not get browns going and wanted to get the kid a few fish and chase the skunk off the boat so went out to 115 to 125 and found a bunch of Lakers to put a smile on the kids face.

In closing I want to say that Norm and the other folks at Hughs remind me of our years at Oak Orchard.... great people and a real sense of community!!!

60616B70-B0EA-4DC8-878C-8EB1405AA4F1.jpeg

Edited by bbolger
  • Like 6

Fished out of Hughs Marina today with my son and a work friend of his, Peter, and his son Shaun.
Left the house late and got to the Marina about 8 only to have a motor that did not want to start (tested later at my shop - bad cell). The owner Norm came over and was key in getting us going and out fishing.
Could not get browns going and wanted to get the kid a few fish and chase the skunk off the boat so went out to 115 to 125 and found a bunch of Lakers to put a smile on the kids face.
In closing I want to say that Norm and the other folks at Hughs remind me of our years at Oak Orchard.... great people and a real sense of community!!!
60616B70-B0EA-4DC8-878C-8EB1405AA4F1.thumb.jpeg.45a8e8c1670fe283663789b26b0aedbf.jpeg

Norm is the man!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  • Like 1

Fantastic! What a way to show a kid how people can work together to surmount difficulties and how persistence and flexibility eventually put you on fish. That day should be on a brass wall plaque for all fisherman to remember. Way to go!!