Niagara bar (first time)

We fished the bar for the first time this weekend. Wow, boat traffic doesnt compare to walleye in ohio. We had prolly 30 to 40 boats workin the same line of fish and just about every pass someone was yelling or blowing horns at people. We tried to keep the east west trolls but it was inevitable you were dodging out of the way breaking your course. We ran 2 riggers and 4 dipsys and would not want to consider having long lines out a few did and they usually werent budging

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I find it so exciting.  No, actually, it's nuts.  I go out alone running 2 down riggers.  When I get one on I have to 

look up to see where the traffic is and engage the auto-pilot, a.k.a the bungee cord.  It's not so great.  

Try fighting a fish and steering with your butt through traffic.  It gets intense.

Edited by NyFallGuy

Love to see a pic of the derby King and Brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

IMG_0821.JPG

• Like 2

Some quick thoughts from 4 days at the bar or near
Boat traffic crazy - only a few fools all in all
Decent king bite late week- slowed for me into weekend
Coho coho coho - best salmonid in this lake to eat -IMO IMG_0357.JPGIMG_0355.JPGIMG_0363.JPGIMG_0358.JPG
BUGS BUGS BUG- Insane!!!!!
No finer place to watch the sun come up

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This time to the bar found some fish and way less boats during the week. Monday night picked up a king. Tuesday morning pick up 3 nice coho.  Nothing huge but some keepers. Blue moonshine spoon and green FF took all the fish.  

B08DC885-464A-4547-8D70-B8BB86A5B5AC.jpeg

F2668085-2A77-4BC1-A998-ABA9671549F2.jpeg

B763602C-4D50-492B-B379-56D916AEA4B9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Re Canadians , Americans and the Niagara Bar

For KevinFarrell and Wargofam

I am a Canadian. I like Americans! But I am not a Trudeau fan. I feel that our country was let down by the present government. We were warned that covid was coming and did not do very much until the scourge struck. Another case of management by crisis, too late and too little. We should be selling licences and cooperating any way we can with our (best!) American friends. Please accept my apology for any  difficulties encountered. Some day I would like to join you all at the Niagara Bar.

• Like 3

On 5/21/2021 at 10:52 AM, laker1 said:

Re Canadians , Americans and the Niagara Bar

For KevinFarrell and Wargofam

I am a Canadian. I like Americans! But I am not a Trudeau fan. I feel that our country was let down by the present government. We were warned that covid was coming and did not do very much until the scourge struck. Another case of management by crisis, too late and too little. We should be selling licences and cooperating any way we can with our (best!) American friends. Please accept my apology for any  difficulties encountered. Some day I would like to join you all at the Niagara Bar.

I believe the Barr extends over into Canada.