Started late, around 10:00AM. Lake was pretty flat with lots of boats out in front. Set up in about 70' of water with a mix of 2 riggers, 2 divers and 2 short lead cores with 2 Spin Dr's & flies and the rest were spoons. Was not expecting much based on the few reports that were out there. Caught 1 small steelhead in about 90' of water on a 3 color and Stinger spoon. Second fish was a fat laker close to bottom in around 110' of water with a Live Wire Spin Dr and fly. After resetting the same line about 85' down it fires again. I gave the rod to my father in law and we thought it was another Laker, until it got close enough and we saw all silver. She decided to start putting up a fight at the back of the boat. Took a couple of tries to net her but we finally hauled a nice unexpected King on board. It had a pretty red belly like it was hugging the bottom. 

I had made a contraption with a pair of fish grippers, a 5lb ball, and some heavy line to attached the fish to and revive them over the side of the boat. Well, when I went to use it on the Laker, I hooked it up, lowered her in the water and didn't have the other end of the line tied off good. So, when I turned around to hose of the deck, I just managed to catch of glimpse of the Laker, my grippers with a 5lb ball, and about 15' of orange para-cord heading down to the bottom.... The King was released healthy and shot right back down. We were off the water by 12:30. 

810411458_IMG_02051.thumb.JPG.e64e896c2d6c63a23502371ba4977ccf.JPG