Not knowing your boat size.

2 considerations if your are only going to fish open water/deep water. I would go with garmin uhd cv series that your budget will allow. If you are doing a lot of shallow fishing as well I would lean towards Lowrance Ti2 or hds again in the model your budget will handle. 

Just remember there are transducer options on all of those units as well.

Besides the great information you'll get here from people actually using these products don't hesitate to reach out to the companies as well to help steer your decision. Hopefully this points you in a good direction. 

I went from Lowrance to Garmin last year. The Garmin UI is just so much easier to use. I love the hybrid touch and buttons of the Echomap Plus series. You can program the soft buttons to automatically move to a desired screen with one button touch. Just fast and slick.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've been a Lowance user for many years and their support is terrible and the menus are deeply nested so you have to search for things if not totally familiar with the options.

sid,  Virtually all sonar manufacturers offer their user manuals online as PDF's. Check out the menu formats and ease of use.  I selected a Furuno unit years ago because the settings are done with knobs and dials, I didn't have to push 10 buttons to access a feature.  The 600 series are nice units..

https://www.hodgesmarine.com/furfcv628-furuno-fcv628-57-fishfinder-wrezboost.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Garmin with GT23TM mid band 600 watt chirp / down imaging transducer.  Just installed this setup and networked in Garmin Reactor autopilot to it.  It is extremely nice.  Outside of some of the Simrad installs Ive seen it has to be one of my favorites.