Dipsy Wire

Also how is it you set up the snubbers for the dipsy's and what is the exact purpose of them. I am assuming it lessens the dramtics of the hit when the fish stikes???

You're correct there. Mono stretches and absorbs the impact of the strike. With wire, there is no stretch so a snubber is advised.

I'm no expert but I use Manson 7 strand 30 lb wire on my dipseys I never heard of the other stuff.I also run an Opti clear snubber on both my rigs.There are alot of guys that don't use a snubber at all But I my self feel better having them on I make sure that the drags creep line out so when they hit they can run like the wind :lol: I use black # 1 dipseys # 2 setting.But that will vary from time of the year.There is a post that shows how to tie on the swivel but I can't remember where it is posted maybe someone will post where it is for you it's the best knot for the wire I think.

monel was a popular wire back in the 50s it could be wound on a smaller reel was sorta a in between of pulling copper by hand and the invention ,or common use of downriggers,ive seen it at dicks latley i think the salesmen or purchasers made a mistake and bought solidwire .as far as kink resistent it kinks as well as any wire maybe a little less forgiving than braided,save yourself some trouble change to strainded wire or if your just learning go to power pro braided that ant cheep either but it wont kink,wear guids,cut otherlines,ties easly,and last a long time....i ant no pro but i gotts a couple trial and error hours on the water..Ray K. .......you might be able to make some nice little crafts with that monel and sell them at the docks to offset your real fishing expenses.(like gas)