Sandy Pond inlet

How is the inlet to Sandy Pond? It was supposedly dredged over the winter.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Dredging is not complete and was halted by the US fish and wildlife service due to the presence of the piping plover that decision is being appealed by the local residents. It is now passable but very narrow

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

11 minutes ago, chinook35 said:

Dredging is not complete and was halted by the US fish and wildlife service due to the presence of the piping plover that decision is being appealed by the local residents. It is now passable but very narrow

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thats a tough call...there was only like 6,000 of these birds left at last count.  Maybe another dredging method?

• 2 weeks later...

Very shallow, perhaps at most 2 ft deep on the lake side.  On the pond side very shallow south of the channel.  On the north side there is a bit more depth if you stay away from the shore and go outside the first sand mound that has formed on the pond side.  However, it would be difficult to get out on the lake if there is any swells over a foot or two, especially with a heavier, fiberglass boat. Skeg and prop would be deep in the sand at the bottom of every wave. Looks like the season is shot for Sandy Pond to lake fishing on anything but a smaller aluminum boat.