Help interpreting my sonar

I had these screens all morning in 75-80 feet out from Pultnyville. The water was 41F at 60 feet ..what fish were they?

I tried everything...FF, spoons, meat any where from 40 to 60 feet.. nada. Screen says speed was 1.3, but down speed was 2.1at 60 feet on fishhawk.

Thanks 

Dave20210530_105923.thumb.jpg.c479794262066ef6d8ca8d0c41cd48a4.jpg

20210530_105004.jpg

Don't assume every fish you mark on your screen is a trout or salmon . Especially in water less than 100 ft . 

We have had sustained east winds and bad temp/ water for most of the spring . Fish are scattered. All fish are scattered . They could be smallmouth bass / perch/ pike  /  sheephead ,  etc.  . 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey buddy, go into settings and turn CHIRP off. You don't have a CHIRP transducer, and I'd hate to see you do damage to that transducer. CHIRP transducers typically have a cooling element in them. I found out the hard way. Also, make sure you turn Switchfire to max in the sonar settings and the transducer selected are either Humminbird 50/200 or Generic 50/200.

That also might be to good a picture in some cases.  Fish on bait can be more difficult to entice.  Try sliding out 15 or 20 feet north of them on the next pass and see if you can bit by fish moving in or out off that picture.  Sometimes that can help entice the bites.  

I was curious as well about what transducer hes running.  Because I dont thinking humminbird makes a low band chirp firing 40-60khz.

Yankee...are you using traditional or chirp?  I just installed a 600 watt mid band chirp transducer on my boat and im hoping I get better performance on Lake O compared to my old one

30 minutes ago, jigstick said:

I was curious as well about what transducer hes running.  Because I dont thinking humminbird makes a low band chirp firing 40-60khz.

Yankee...are you using traditional or chirp?  I just installed a 600 watt mid band chirp transducer on my boat and im hoping I get better performance on Lake O compared to my old one

CHIRP is not the best for trolling. Cone angles are half of what you get with traditional sonar.

• Like 2