Launches around Mexico Point

Hi all,

Planning on heading down to Mexico point this Friday. Went down a few weeks ago in a different boat at the Pulaski launch and it had quite a drop.

I'll be launching a 20 foot boat, wondering if there's any better areas I should be going to in order to drop the boat in and not have any issues.

Thanks,

Carl

The floater wasn't in yet , but the steel sides are usuable. There was some stuff at the waters edge in the launch area. The lake looked a little bumpy Sat. when I was there. :o

You have the Pine Grove Launch too near Selkirk Shores Camp Ground, but that is not a great launch for a large boat. That will take out to the mouth of the Salmon River. I used it quite often when I had my 18' Rinker. I have since upgraded my size of boat and rent a slip for the season. We usually stay at Selkirk shores. Now I just use it as a point to come in from the Lake to pick up the girls in the afternoon when we are done fishing and head over to Sandy Pond.

I have a twenty foot Startcraft fishmaster and launched at the Mexico Point boat launch with no problem. The do not have the floating docks in yet but the steel docks on either side are fine. I have launched there 4 times this year and have not come across any obstructions or large floating debris. Good luck!