Took a coworker this morning and the conditions continue to underwhelm.

Took an 8 lb laker and a 6lb steelhead.

Lost another steelhead as well.

Worked between 200 and 450. Tons of dead bait, few marks and little bait on the screen. Buddy had a fun first Lake O trip which is all that matters but would have loved to have gotten him a King.

Better fishing ahead, hopefully the coming warm weather sets things up a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2

talked to the dec about baitfish they said tha the last spawn of baitfish was huge and not to worrie if you notice all the dead bait is small alewives and some upwhelling of cold water killed part of that class because they were immature also told me that if your not fishing from olcot west might as well stay at the dock for now, census boat was on the bay on (irondequoit) said no fish to report from boaters , i was out, wind from the north but light. lake was flat water tmps inside 58 degrees at surface found a scum line at 120' that was literaly 20' wide and  and a surface temp of 64 degrees  temp on other side was 51 degrees  13 degree temp break? clear screen out to 220' water temp at surface was 66 degrees i have never seen it like this before and as far as people seeing bait clusters inside and no arc's it  flotsam that your fishfinder is pickin up .

so it looks like a walleye troll for me till things set up......good luck all

oh and out of irondequoit bay.

• Like 2

Gee I thought the reason fewer salmon were stocked was the lack of baitfish? Hmm Looks like our wonderful governor Como cares as much about us fishermen as he does the elderly in nursing homes...SMH

1 hour ago, Draggin The Line said:

Gee I thought the reason fewer salmon were stocked was the lack of baitfish? Hmm Looks like our wonderful governor Como cares as much about us fishermen as he does the elderly in nursing homes...SMH

I understand that you think of our Governor as an almighty ruler whose mighty hand controls the woodland creatures, the fish and the birds. You make it sound like he can with one move from his almighty hand either destroy or create the well being of all living creatures. I hate to break this to you , but he is not really a half god and his powers are far more limited than you believe.

Edited by rolmops

23 hours ago, Draggin The Line said:

That is a fair assessment of Andy