Fat Nancy's??? Are they still in Business?

I went to go to their website site and it's not coming up. I tried a search also to see if they have a new URL address. No luck. Did they go out of business? I have been going there for years even when it was a little gas station we would stop off to fill up on our way up to Newboro Canada on our annual Pike trip. Now I always stop to gas up when I get into town before I fish. Have the closed the store or just their Web Site?

That's good to know they are still open. I do spread my business around. It's just easy for me to exit pull across the street get gas, beer and a spoon or two and off to Mexico. For info I usually head into Port Ontario to find out what's going on. Mostly deal with Woody's when I'm camping at Selkirk or Little Jon's near the Mexico Point Launch. Speaking of All Season's what happend to Rick Peschi, Fishin' Ontario? He use to operate out of there are a river guide. I went with him once and caught alot of fish on the river. I saw him at the Mexico launch and told me he was getting married and the next thing you know his boat was for sale and his fishing show was no longer on the outdoor channel. Maybe he should have stayed single.

Gotta bite - YES they are still open. My buddy Andy works there and he informed me that they are in the process of getting a new website. There was a falling out with the last company running their website.

Hey Mark -

I know that Fat Nancy's tried the whole ecommerce thing with the last website and it wasn't very successful so this time around they decided they wanted to make it more of an information portal with the ability to post the latest deals/specials in the store along with fishing reports and other information local the area. They will also be able to post about new products that come in and stuff like that. You might be able to call the store then directly and order the product and have them ship it to you, but there will not be an ecomm option to order directly through the website.

As far as the ETA goes - as soon as possible. I just completed the frame work of the site and now I am moving on to the Content Management System (CMS). After that I will be tidying up the graphics and then giving the crew at Fat Nancy's a tutorial on how to post to the site anytime they wish. :yes:

There will be an option to subscribe via email to the latest deals and specials they offer as well.

Hope this helps!

Chad

Just a side note on Fat Nancy's Tackle shop in Pulaski

Rob Ripka (one of the owners) has a very positive attitude when it comes to stocking what the anglers walking in the doors want. In these trying times it is a hard sell for many manufacturers to get their product on tackle shop shelves. Rob who pays his crew very well keeps knowledgeable staff on hand concerning river and big water influence, the entire crew at Fat Nancy' put many hours in staying on top of the most requested tackle anglers are looking for.

I do not mean to knock any shop who has struggled through the years keeping the doors open while dealing with the very short windows of opportunity the angling world presents, however to find even one shop that can offer every big lake need, river tackle, inland lake gear or the like is a very tough task to accomplish, also a very tough task for most shops to handle, the tackle industry just does not offer huge rewards for those shops who choose to try.

I agree that Jim Dence has put his heart and sole into his business, I remember when Jim and Basil opened the doors, their intentions satisfied many anglers through the last 18 years. Dave Wood at Woody's Tackle and the up and coming Little Salmon River Tackle Shop as well as Brendon or old owner Louie at Screwy Louie's over the years have put more hours in standing behind a counter waiting for just one vehicle to pull in to make the day a positive one. The tackle business from all their standpoints is an act of love, most of trials and errors and many empty days inbetween good ones !!! Don't mean to leave any of this areas shops out they all have put in much dedication, Ginny at Port Ontario, the old Rock Bottom in Oswego to B & W or Larry at the Salmon Shop, say what you will, feel as you feel they all have had their dedication to us anglers for many, many years.

Do not overlook any big water/river tackle shop trying to feed their families, it is a tough feat !!!

Fat Nancy's is live and well, the owners Rob and Mike along with a staff and crew of around 10 employee's are some pretty dedicated people and maintain a very vibrant shop that we are very lucky to have in today's day !!

Tom

That is exactly why I chose to travel, drive miles to buy my stuff. It would be easier for me to just by on the internet from a big box store. But WE ALL NEED TO SUPPORT OUR LOCAL SHOPS AND FISHERY.

I do buy on the net but I try to buy from local NY based mom and pop company's.

Just yesterday I called Brandon at Screwy Lewie's for some advice and he was more than happy to take the time to tell me the info that I was seeking. Try that with a big box store...you may get the info but you will be on hold and will also get a sales pitch!!!!

Mark