Cayuga laker report 6/14

Launched at 630. Headed to my spot. Set up and had a quad header silver. 2 landlocks 2 rainbows. Went 40 minutes without another release then last hour and a half was insane. 4+5 color leads were going off like crazy. Riggers down 21 and 27 were pulling rainbows left and right as soon as they got down there. Every spoon I put out seemed to work. Ended the night with 9 rainbows. 2 of which I let go because undersize. And 3 lakers. Water temp was 70 degrees on surface and 54 down 21 and 50 at 27.

All in all a great evening. Can’t wait to get back out and do it all again

IMG_4616.JPGIMG_4618.JPG

33 hydrasport

• Like 5

Not trying to kill the exuberance but some of those fish pictured are landlocked salmon (at least three of them); not rainbows. Pretty important to identify them correctly as there are different size and number kept limits there. Great trolling results though.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Thanks 1

Not trying to kill the exuberance but some of those fish pictured are landlocked salmon (at least three of them); not rainbows. Pretty important to identify them correctly as there are different size and number kept limits there. Great trolling results though.

In the first part of the report I state that we had a quad header and 2 of them were landlock salmon. There’s 3 landlocks in the picture. We caught 3 landlocks, and 7 rainbows. Released 2 rainbows. I know my species I just made a mistake typing.

33 hydrasport

Congrats on the great trip. Results we all hope for. 

Thanks! Only my second season fishing and first year I’m set up and focusing silvers only. Definitely one of the best days I’ll probably ever have! Had a great team and only lost 4 fish so I’m liking my landing rates a lot more now!

33 hydrasport