Clearance at Taughannock

Not sure but have to factor in how your boat sits in the water and the water level at the time of entry as well.:smile:

Not sure but have to factor in how your boat sits in the water and the water level at the time of entry as well.:smile:

I understand that….wondering if anyone knows approximately what the distance is from water to bottom of the bridge. I would then know if I could get under. Thanks though.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

11 hours ago, grumpy cat said:

I understand that….wondering if anyone knows approximately what the distance is from water to bottom of the bridge. I would then know if I could get under. Thanks though.

What I was getting at is that the distance for clearance isn't constant as the water level can vary from day to day and if you have a close fit it can be doable at one time and not another so knowing the distance from water to bottom of the bridge varies. The tolerance for some boats may be inches or less. That is all I was trying to say. I wasn't trying to get smart about it. It is one of the reasons I launch at Dean's :smile:

What I was getting at is that the distance for clearance isn't constant as the water level can vary from day to day and if you have a close fit it can be doable at one time and not another so knowing the distance from water to bottom of the bridge varies. The tolerance for some boats may be inches or less. That is all I was trying to say. I wasn't trying to get smart about it. It is one of the reasons I launch at Dean's :smile:

All good.

23 hours ago, Gill-T said:

Question......why don’t they get rid of the bridge?

They can keep it until I get a boat that can't fit under it! :lol: but in all reality that place couldn't handle the traffic it would get if you could get any boat out of there. It would make deans cove look like a private launch when it was all said and done. Its bad enough sometimes finding parking there if you done arrive early due to the amount traffic the park itself sees. I love that place but if the launch access was easier it would not be pretty

• Like 3