Foodplot 2021

What do you guys like for fertilizer.. no access to a hose.. do you like calcium or nitrogen? Pellets or spray
I know some mixes call for urea after it sprouts. You really need to do a soil test to see what you need to add for your plot mix. Not all mixes need the same thing. 1 thing I'm certain you'll need is lime and likely lots of it. Unless the soil has been worked yearly and maintained you'll need a lot of lime.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

After plants are in the ground it depends on the plant. Some take high nitrogen some take low. Most seed bags have what is needed on the bag.
I fertilize when my plants are about six inches or more just before a rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Brassicas like turnips take a high Nitrogen fertilizer like triple 15 or triple 19 Disked or tilled in at a rate of 250-300lbs per acre. I then spread urea around week 5 or 6 after germination at 50lbs per acre.

• Like 2

I won’t be disking mine in, but I will be top dressing my .5 acre plots with 200 lbs of triple 15 fertilizer and seeding my brassica before a rain. This will be going into standing buckwheat that I will be crushing over the fertilizer and seed with a cultipacker, the moisture insulation of the dying buckwheat along with the rain moisture should get that fertilizer working and seeds germinating. Going heavy on the rates to account for not working into the soil. 

Lol just got bored looking at dirt and weeds. This plot is in my backyard and I like watching the deer chew. The plot is a hodgepodge of different plants. Clover, brassicas, pumpkins etc etc
Anything but scientific but lots of fun.
Once the Conceal gets over five feet high along the edge it really gets hammered.

IMG_2985.JPG

• Like 1

Lol just got bored looking at dirt and weeds. This plot is in my backyard and I like watching the deer chew. The plot is a hodgepodge of different plants. Clover, brassicas, pumpkins etc etc
Anything but scientific but lots of fun.
Once the Conceal gets over five feet high along the edge it really gets hammered.

IMG_2985.thumb.JPG.836127f839b8a518f9e88886be037ec1.JPG

When did you plant conceal? I used it for the first time this June. Half is growing excellent in a shady area, the full sun area looks like crap

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app