The color purple

On the last board we had a discussion on best lures colors etc. One of my best colors last yr was purple . Was I the only one having luck with this color? Even on bright sunny days I needed purple down. My best steelie last yr came on purple glow R&R. in bright sun with blue sky. My best salmon came on blk and purple also.lPurple flys were good also. I couldnt get green going till Sept. I loaded up with orange this yr. just to have it die in the water.

My color this year was Green E chip/Atommik green crinkle fly(JV cheerleader).White E chip/Atommik LBB fly.White spin DR./Atommik Hammer fly.95% of my fish came on Wire Dipsey rigs whith Black # 1 divers and opti snubbers Had a couple of hits on NBK spoon.

Wow lots of responses.Its amazing to me what works in different areas of the lake.Im located about 6 miles west of Sodus pt. We generally are fishing clear water and awalys on the lookout for a patch of green water.There are no major rivers or tribs flowing into the lake in our area. Great bow and brn trout water though. Lots of rocks humps and points.

Its funny because in late Aug when I started pullin meat riggs first one out was the purple 3 fly rigg never did a fish on it and it got a lot of time in the water.It was a whole different story for the 3 fly glow riggs though.

Green awalys had been a great color up until this yr. What had worked in yrs past just would not go this yr.

Evil I Dont you launch at bear creek? Just a few miles west of me.

R&R blk/purple/glow and purple(grape)/silver blades worked good for me last season. Purple spin doc with purple passion and white double glo spin doc with purple mirage fly worked good too.