Canandaigua 6/17 Canadaigua- North End

My buddies and I had plans to hit up lake O out of iBay to try some night bite action but again the forecast was wrong and the lake never died down.  

Instead we decided to try our luck on the north end of Canadaigua. I typically have no luck at night on the finger lakes so expectations were low but the beer was cold. 

Got lines in at 645pm right at the 100fow mark in the middle of the lake and followed that ridge all the way to the east side boating 2 lakers on watermelon spin n glos. Once the sun set behind the hills the green glo spin n glo got hot bringing in 3 more including this 12.56lb beauty that took almost 12min to get in the boat. (I will post the video on my YouTube at some point) 

CC054BA5-BE6E-4626-B308-B9D76E60377C.jpeg

0B77B572-6FD2-47BD-A0D6-836360AC13E4.jpeg

EED8EC70-3ACA-4090-9E78-A7046C2F48E8.jpeg

66917CEA-3164-423E-B1F3-3EFE5420BEB1.jpeg

3F7FCC14-F467-4C39-9487-296A8137E8E3.jpeg

093D0003-328D-4E6B-984C-27EB261045B3.jpeg

Edited by adesalvo
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

:yes: Would have been nice to have gotten that one in the derby Anthony  but this year winning it was out of the question for everyone except one :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Yeah I don't fish the day before the Seneca lake derby the Friday before it for that reason. I have caught ones bigger than some of the winners either then or a week or so after the derby in the past and now I'm superstitious (or perhaps even more than I was before) :lol:

Thanks Dan! I laughed as well after he showed it to me.

We marked a pretty good bait pod in the cove after deep run park in 110fow. I wish we found it sooner because every time we went through it we got a hit.  

Fished 5:30-10:30 this morning, north end, with friend. Fish were biting. Targeted bows, boated 21”, 24” and “25,” lost a couple others. Also picked up 3 lakers, 15 foot down on rigger, surprised us. All fish on silver Sutton 44’s. 100 copper, 200 copper and riggers down 15-25 feet all produced. 

EA656A87-49BE-4817-9BA7-3C4A0CF11CB6.jpeg

E3E1459A-FD06-41D7-8895-F9E3AFD028C5.jpeg

Rainbows are always high up in the water column in this this lake have caught them as deep as 50 feet but most 15 to 40  all year long nice fish keep on catching

I have recently found myself with too much time on my hands and let my youngest edit the video my buddy took of us bringing in the bigger laker. This is the circus that goes down when your fishing with 2 guys who are new to fishing and driving a boats.  I typically let guests bring in fish but we already brought it 3 and they insisted.   I also didn’t come up with the name.. :/ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adesalvo said:

Is it easy to get a pass for that launch? 

Yes it is easy, go to the parks and rec. you'll need your vehicle registration so they can copy it. Pay $5.00.You can plan ahead also and pay for a future date. Or you can get a non resident season pass for &100.00. By the way this is Doug Nichol from Sentry.

44 minutes ago, Doug N said:

Yes it is easy, go to the parks and rec. you'll need your vehicle registration so they can copy it. Pay $5.00.You can plan ahead also and pay for a future date. Or you can get a non resident season pass for &100.00. By the way this is Doug Nichol from Sentry.

Oh hey Doug! I miss SentrySafe everyday.. thanks for the info 

56 minutes ago, Pa223 said:

Wow great job. Any advice on leader length from cowbells to peanut?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Great Question. These are 4/0 sized cowbells with a 24 inch leader to the spin n glo.