Fished 6-12 on wavy lake with little boat . 100 to 400 and all water put about a foot of fleas on my 12lb test per hour .Next trip the heavy line and big reels will be on boat. Last release the fleas clogged the guides and before I noticed the gears broke in reel and lost fish. By the way , that was out of Oswego.

Edited by littlemack01

i have been wondering does anyone know or has there been any kind of study that shows how the fleas affect the fish such as do they avoid them ,do the fleas get caught in their gills like the fleas attach to our lines?i do the fish just stay below the fleas in a colder temp I .cant see how they can even occupy the the same water 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 7:32 PM, littlemack01 said:

Fished 6-12 on wavy lake with little boat . 100 to 400 and all water put about a foot of fleas on my 12lb test per hour .Next trip the heavy line and big reels will be on boat. Last release the fleas clogged the guides and before I noticed the gears broke in reel and lost fish. By the way , that was out of Oswego.

What brand and lb. test of line do you switch to on your riggers and dipsies to combat the fleas. Planning a trip in the next couple of weeks and want my rods ready. Thanks.