Lower Niagara River- option for windy days?

I am wondering if I launch at Fort Niagara to fish the lake, and it's too rough, if it is worth fishing in the lower Niagara this time if year (June 24)? My nephew and his boys are coming up Friday night to fish Saturday out of Olcott, but the weather is iffy with rain and winds at SW 17 MPH.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This time of year can be challenging on the Lower even for experienced river guides. There is lots of spawning bait and a plethora of moss coming down--particularly on a strong SW wind. 

The latest forecast I saw tonite says T storms most likely after 2 pm Saturday. Of course there's no guarantees but there are enough fish within a few miles of shore that it should be worthwhile to hit the lake for you.   

Thanks Captain! I was going to cancel because they are saying 1 to 3 Building to 2 to 4. Earlier today it said 2 feet or less. But early morning to noon might be okay. I think we'll venture out of Olcott and give it try. It's the only day my nephew has, five kids, and he's a Coach.

This time of year can be challenging on the Lower even for experienced river guides. There is lots of spawning bait and a plethora of moss coming down--particularly on a strong SW wind. 
The latest forecast I saw tonite says T storms most likely after 2 pm Saturday. Of course there's no guarantees but there are enough fish within a few miles of shore that it should be worthwhile to hit the lake for you.   

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app