Dumb question #242

Thanks guys, “B” is how I’ve been running them but I recently ordered some Rapture fixed coho flies and they were set up at “A” in the package. And then i was watching the tangled tackle guy out of Michigan on YouTube and thought I heard him touting “A” for King flies so I was thinking I better check to make sure I wasn’t screwing it up. Certainly have caught lots of fish with “B” but as fisherman we are always wondering… could I have caught more??

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

There is no really right or wrong way just differences. The A option tends to fan the strands backward and can make the fly appear smaller and more compact. The B option fans the strands outward making the fly appear larger and more "spidery" in appearance. Cohos often like things a bit smaller in size e.g. attractors and flies as well so there may be a difference in how they react to the flies. I don't think the kings seem to be fussy about it :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

I have always done A. When a fly gets really bad I will double it up with the same fly. Makes it bushier. Maybe I have been doing it wrong but A has caught lots of fish for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1