First ..my son says...dad can you bring my friends out to try and catch salmon...sure I say...never again will there be 3 13 yr olds on a 18ft boat...circus...total circus...

The show started when the 300 goes off pulling a carbon 14...all they could do is trip over each other fighting for the net...nice 10 pounder hits the deck....boom.....mag diver pulling meat back 240 let's loose....14 pounder flopping in the surface, carbon 14 spoon stuck in the net, copper rod bouncing all-over the place..somehow get both fish in the box. I have enough time to get the net free and the meat rig untangled and get our feet untangled and...shazam...rigger down 90 with n42 takes a hit....get it to the boat spits the hook. I take a breath, get everything sort of under control and stowed and the 10 color with a NBK takes off like like I've hooked a tuna...get that back to the leader and a nice fat 17pounder hits the deck.

All this in about 45 minutes..I was spent,  the boys were non stop shouting and high fiveing each other and all I wanted was a beer.

Anyway....220 feet trolling east. Lots of marks down 90 with 49f. Nbk, n42, green meat rigs, raspberry carbon all took at least a knock off.

• Like 8

All you have to do is compare it with a solo outing to get a real sense of what fishing is really all about:smile: It is all about SHARING the excitement.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

Those were the days!  Hope you took a lot of pictures.  Just wait till one time out & one of the boys says"  "Here Dad, you take it,,,it's a little one."  :lol:

Tom B.

(LongLine)

• Like 1