Sharpening spoons?

I have some spoons that I have used for a while with lots of wear and tear and I’m not sure if I should replace the hooks or if sharpening them would be a better option. If so does anybody have a recommendation on a good hook sharpener? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

There are many on the market but the old standard is to use a fine file and sharpen the hooks from the shaft towards the point tip on three sides if the result "catches" on your finger (not penetrates:lol:) you should be good to go. If the hook is rusty replace it.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2

There are many on the market but the old standard is to use a fine file and sharpen the hooks from the shaft towards the point tip on three sides if the result "catches" on your finger (not penetrates:lol:) you should be good to go. If the hook is rusty replace it.

Thank you I will try that, unfortunately I had a few hooks/spoons rust due to rain getting into my spoon storage. I will definitely replace the hooks but I don’t think there’s much I can do about the rust on the spoons

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

You might try either some chrome polish or silver polish. It will remove SOME spots (depending on what the spoons/or finish are made of). Then wash them with dawn dishsoap to get the scent off them

• Like 1