Out of Sodus - 6/29 (GREAT day)

My buddy, his 13 year old son and I had a good day on the water.

We started setting up at 6:30 and could not get the sixth rod in until after 8:34.  We boated 13 of 17.  One of the ones we lost was only about 15 pounds but a good fish (wrapped around the downrigger cable as the net entered the water [my fault]).  One of the other ones we lost was under 15 pounds (but not by much is my guess) my buddy inadvertently removed the hook with the net.  We had two doubles and one triple.

We had gone out Monday for four hours so we had an idea of what to do today.  We went to our spot and it was dead calm (the water was like glass - I was thinking this can't be good; I love being wrong sometimes).

The hot spoon of today for us was Moonshine Carbon 14 down 102 feet over 220' to 260'.

Edited by Hillside
grammar
  • Like 9

Nice going John:yes::smile: I hope this is a good omen for what the rest of the season will be like.

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks Les.  I hope this means things are setting up.  Monday during the four hours we managed to get three to the boat and lost one (two coho; 16 and 18 inches and a 15 pound king).

Now the challenge is to replicate today's action (somewhat).  It has been very warm out there with little to no breeze (drinking water is crucial while you are out there).

I'm happy you got some action out there.  Our spin doctor and fly off of the rigger only took two for us.  One of which was part of the triple.  The hard part right now is finding the constant temperature break.  We were running our fly at 94 feet down.

• Like 1

Hope that isn't a plastic fish Mike is holding up.... I know how competitive he is:lol:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

we fished monday found the best action 200 to 250.We didnt boat any 0 for 5.Bullfrig flasher and bait has been good. Thermocline was very tight.Flys and heat was tough,fles were scarse.The fish were also scarse  best to use gps ,There is alot of barren water to cover.Glad the heat is leaving for awhile,no more trips when the heat is as bad as monday.

Went out of the Genesee yesterday. Temp was at 90 ft. Blank screens. Went from 100 ft 200 ft 300 ft trolled in every direction at all speeds. Zero knockoffs. FF, spoons, meat everything. One of those days I guess. I need a solid trip with some action.
Trolled from 4-9 pm. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United