Evinrude Etec G2 Engines

jigstick

I’m considering a new boat and powering it with twin Evinrude ETEC G2 150 HOs engines. I like the compact size, power output, and internal steering components. Anybody have any expierence with Evinrude outboards ?

Yeah don’t buy them.. some people lucked out and say they never had a issue but I’ll never forget when bassmasters elite came to the marina and dropped off 3 power heads that were blown just on the st Lawrence tournament.

12 hours ago, Roys Boys said:

Yeah don’t buy them.. some people lucked out and say they never had a issue but I’ll never forget when bassmasters elite came to the marina and dropped off 3 power heads that were blown just on the st Lawrence tournament.

So true - depends on the years of manufacture as well.  I knew of an individual who went through 4 powerheads under warranty.  How sad is that.

So sad that Evinrude went out of outboard manufacturing.  They wouldn't mate up with a boat manufacturer like Mercury or others did.  Sales went way down.  They refused to sell off the outboard technology as they use it on their snowmobile & other divisions.  I'd buy another in a heartbeat!

Aftermarket parts are still available, going way back.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

IMO the way that Bombardier pulled the plug on Evinrude left a lot of owners and dealers in the lurch.  Not sure what their future is in the marine industry going forward with what they have left for boat brands and other products.  Seems like Evinrude is dead after the OMC bankruptcy and BRP’s recent exit with the brand.  If I was looking at an outboard today would be Yamaha, Suzuki or Mercury. Pretty sad demise for a brand that was a market leader at one time.

• Like 1