Wind and current

Today with the northwest wind I had my butt handed to me. While trolling west to east in 220ft everything on the stbd side was tracking to the port side. My low divers set on R1.5 tangled with my port side rigger cable. Then trolling east to west, same...port low dive on L1.5 tracking to the stbd rigger cable.

Both divers were between 200 and 230 back and the riggers were parked at 95 and 100.

I never experienced it before and as luck has it once I got stuff set a fish takes my stbd diver through every dam line I had out.

Is this current thing normal? How frequent is it and how do I compensate for it. 

Ty

Dave

Currents & sub-currents can be vicious on Big-O. especially with the temperature regime & varying winds we been having.  Try the N-S & S-N tracks.  Bracket the depths.  i.e. go from say 185 to 240FOW and watch your rigger cables.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

• Thanks 1

To me, this has been a windy year with some bad currents. You certainly do need to troll in such a direction as to give a smoother ride, and to keep the lines fairly straight out back. Usually with the waves is the smoothest, across us the worst, and against them is better than across. But sometimes the down current is moving in a different direction. It can be a challenge. Sometimes it's not the direction you want to go though.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Thanks 1