Trailer For 26' Starcraft Islander

Looking for a trailer suitable to set a 26' Starcraft Islander on.

The Issue w/my current trailer is a lack of valid registration (bought from PA resident, but their trailer regs/serial numbers aren't accepted/understood by NYS DMV,....).

The serial/model numbers on the sticker in the trailer frame have faded away to nothing and no latent imprint is detectable (tried rubbing the sticker with pencil/paper to no avail)

So, if you look at this and don't have a trailer, but have "spiritual advice" on how to get this thing properly registered in NYS, please let me know!

Many thanks,

Pierless

(Neil)

Thanks guys!

A little more info would be helpful please,...

I'm the bad guy who has never had a trailer inspected,.... ever. I only use the thing twice a year anyway, so it's not like I'm putting hundreds of miles on the it every year.

Where do you go to get a trailer weighed and inspected please?

I've heard a rumor that Alpco recycling (Wayne Cty. Macedon) can weigh and give some form of documentation to the effect that it is recycled/abandoned etc. like if you get a junk car without a registration and put it back on the road (a different process I hope, as that road is a long one).

Have a Happy Easter,

Regards,

Pierless

(Neil)

I run a feed mill and weigh several "homemade" trailers every year on my truck scale.

I just put a general description of the trailer ( # axles, color ) and the name of the person who will be registering on the weigh slip, should be enough info to keep DMV happy. DMV doesn't care about the

inspection, they will probably give you a 10 day temporary sticker. The troopers are the ones who will

check for a safety inspection sticker.

Weigh slip might cost you $5.00 or a box of donuts for the guys at my place.

I had the same problem with 2 different trailers. If you have the trailer registration card from pa. from the guy who sold you the trailer. It should have the manufacturer and the serial number on it. Just cantact the manufacturer with this information and fax them a bill of sale. They will send you a new sticker for the trailer with all of the appropriate data. I did this with both a yacht club and a lod rite trailer. The manufacturers are very helpful. Good Luck

Thank you all for the helpful information.

It looks like I'll just go get it weighed and make the trip to the DMV,... yippee,...

Regarding the advice from "Mstrchf1," I tried that. Apparently, the information on the Pa registration is incorrect. The guy may have given me the wrong/bogus registration. You are correct though, they tried hard to be helpful.

There is a gravel yard not far from where the boat winters/trailer summers. I think I'll try them.

I suppose if a good deal on a nice trailer came along, I'd still be interested.

Like I said, on a good year I only use the trailer twice. So, to all of you who do the same, I hope your trailers enjoy the summer off. To all of you who haul your bots every chance you get, Happy Trailering!

I put my trailer on "vacation" Saturday. If the fishing isn't better than last year, I'll have time to hunt down a certified scale and to loiter about in the DMV. Let's hope for good fishing!

Best Regards to all,

Pierless

(Neil)