Cayuga Fleas

The fleas are here Omg worst I’ve seen them ever lines of them 10-15 feet long on dipsy wire mono lines clogged Downrigger cables covered …

Nasty little beasties

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Ah the spineys usually look like "prickly pears" while the fishhooks usually ;look like cotton wood and turn grey and smell to high heaven  and are hardest to get off the line. The spineys can usually be removed easier.

Edited by Sk8man

Fishhooks fit to a t I had some braid leaders on my wire dipsys I was em experimenting with slide divers early season had to strip it off mid trip anything less than 50lb bloodline would get coated

Ugh! Yes no fail proof way to get them off but easier on wire. I keep some paint stirring sticks or cut up rulers with a three inch piece of heavy duty velcro (the rough part of it) at the business end to help scrape them off....helps. The roller tips help bunch them up at the tip too.

fleascrapers.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks recovering from knee surgery a couple weeks ago but doing fine. Hope to be back at it soon:smile:

Thanks recovering from knee surgery a couple weeks ago but doing fine. Hope to be back at it soon:smile:

You’re not the only one recovering from knee surgery know what you’re going through. My boat sitting in the driveway. Get better soon.