Owasco July 4th quality silvers

Finally got back to the lake as arrowhead season comes to a close. Got to camp lastnight and noticed some jade green color out there on the water. Polished off the copper and cores and was at it at 6AM. Morning a bit slow made some adjustments and core board goes screaming for first bow of the day, a nice female to net and the quality just kept getting better. Short copper fires on a screamer that ended up being that quality year class of brown that has been showing itself, a nice surprise and a happy buddy to boot. Great day with friends and family, all took hits today, thise bows love going in the copper, even when on boards.....crazy smart fish, riggers took the least hits, core took the show with greens and red spoons doing the best. Shaping up to be a good summer, fleas manageable and boat traffic as expected in the fourth. Tight lines all.

59705.jpeg

59734.jpeg

59715.jpeg

59747.jpeg

59742.jpeg

• Like 1

Excellent looks like a great day! We hit Ontario at 6 am. Daughter landed some nice Coho. The Mrs got a little green from the swell. So we went home for a bit then headed to Owasco. Caught some evening lakers. Stayed to cruise and watch fireworks.

Sounds like I need to get into coppers! It’s always hit or miss on silvers with riggers and dipseys for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Personally, I like to hold my fish close to my body for pictures, so that you can have a better idea of the actual size.

I think it’s cool when the fish is the focal point of the photo! After all, it is the fish we are after. Nice work out there. Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 2

They’re all small Sam, not worth fishing here, ha ha ha ha ha , I’ll do better not to enhance ........

at least my arm is not out straight. Thanks for the support fisherman 21.

camojoe, was up in that zone I saw ya at last year, had to escape weed Matt’s, but it’s starting to shape up.

300 set up, line counter okuma, bought them pre spooled with blood run copper, 45# I believe. I like the line counter because I can adjust how much copper I want out. Based on what the fish hawk tells me, I can look at the copper drop rate and try to adjust the copper to keep it at temp or just above. It’s not a perfect science and you get ware on your copper but for me it beats having multiple copper set ups.

• Like 1

Yes, but I usually just run lead core off the boards, copper tight to the beam and riggers down the shoot.....hence my chaos with rigger fish going into the copper, but I feel I get more hits.....maybe positive ion theory happening, but when I put that copper out on a board, I don’t feel I get the hits and when I do, I lose many due to fighting the board before the fish. Copper is not easy but can be deadly, especially when the fleas get thick. I find as most trollers do, that each technique has its time during the day. Riggers can be hot, then die out, all f the sudden core is on fire, then subsides.....then on days when copper is firing, it will supersede them all, at least on this lake and for me. Boat traffic you have to be conscious of when running copper....had a sailboat run over it a few weeks ago and take my board for a ride, then this weekend I had a man on a motorized hydrofoil surfboard cut across the lake he turned and came right behind my stern......I said to my friend who was with me that he is gonna hit my copper and fall.........all the sudden my copper rod reefs over and that guy did a face plant right into the water.......he didn’t know what happened.......my copper hit the keel of that hydro board and tripped him.....he was ok, got back on and started going again. Can’t make this stuff up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

300 set up, line counter okuma, bought them pre spooled with blood run copper, 45# I believe. I like the line counter because I can adjust how much copper I want out. Based on what the fish hawk tells me, I can look at the copper drop rate and try to adjust the copper to keep it at temp or just above. It’s not a perfect science and you get ware on your copper but for me it beats having multiple copper set ups.

Appreciate the reply

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United