Owasco Owasco 7/10

Made a quick trip with my sons buddy for a half day troll Sat. Got on the grounds and the silvers were hitting,.......getting them to the net......that's another thing.......the bows beat us up and used every ounce of whit to wrap my copper, my core, and get those hooks unglued. 3 for 13 is humbling to say the least, we landed good eaters but lost 4 great fish that just wouldn't stop jumping. You just have those days, but we were in the right zone so we stayed true and a copper rod bent over with a screamer. Had a great fight and my sons buddy did a great job getting a great brown to the net.....this yearclass has finally gotten in the size that cayuga is producing on a consistent level. A few small lakers in the mix, with small bows and made a good morning. Sky's started to clear and I bet the afternoon bite would be epic. Shout out to camo joe as we passed each other while both fighting fish. 2.6, white spoons did the trick for us today even on short hits,  core never took a rip, riggers, and copper took hits, column starting to develop well.

20210709_195321.jpg

20210709_195347.jpg

20210709_195419.jpg

20210710_082228.jpg

• Like 4

We picked up quite a few big Lakers up high. Lost two really nice bows at the back of the boat. Had something on a dipsy 45 down on a green spoon, fought like a king for 5 minutes never saw it and it was gone.

Pretty good morning my buddy had never trolled before. I think he’s hooked!

Definitely adding copper rod’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks to all your help on here I was finally able to get some Rainbows in the boat yesterday as well as a beautiful Eye. Wire dipsey rod and a copper rod were active for me yesterday. That cloud cover in the AM has those fish hungry!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Your killin me joe! Woke up this morning at turning stone after my oldest sons 21rst........I looked outside and said I bet this morning would be awesome on the lake.........sounds like it was, way to go, your program is developing quite nice, especially on that awesome boat. Got to love a lake that can successfully support a 2 tiered  fishery, makes it for a great variety.

I love that lake! I caught my eye (27”) in 65 fow right on the bottom. I never would have expected that. I have to say though that the Rainbow that hit the copper line was ferocious! Only 18” but fought like an Ontario Steelhead. Pretty crazy.
Just curious, does anyone target Pike out of there? I have caught a dozen or so over the years and only 1 trolling last year. Love to figure those out someday if there is any numbers in the lake?

Interesting, the last one we caught was on the north east corner down 50 over 65. My first time ever on the lake in mid may i caught 10 pike on the north west corner in 12 fow on crank baits. All others since then have been on accident

Pike population has been declining like crazy from the bubble skin disease last 4 or 5 years. They should eventually bounce back but will be awhile. Some kind of parasite that gets in their skin and eventually kills them. They end up bobbing/floating around right before they die. They are suddenly very difficult to target. Does anyone know how bad the fleas are now in owasco? Are they at least manageable? I'm going down tomorrow regardless. Just trying to get a heads up. 

Pike population has been declining like crazy from the bubble skin disease last 4 or 5 years. They should eventually bounce back but will be awhile. Some kind of parasite that gets in their skin and eventually kills them. They end up bobbing/floating around right before they die. They are suddenly very difficult to target. Does anyone know how bad the fleas are now in owasco? Are they at least manageable? I'm going down tomorrow regardless. Just trying to get a heads up. 

Fished 2 days ago. Floating logs/debris were worst I’ve ever seen. Fleas not too bad. More worried about debris.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That’s interesting. I appreciate the info