cannon optimum riggers

chowder

I have spoken with some other captains concerning these riggers so now I'm throwing this open to a wider audience. I am attempting to make sure I'm not writing these things off before getting another pair of new mag 5s. I'd like to hear what anyone who has these thinks about the bottom tracking with the cannon transducer combo specifically with respect to blowback and accurate distance from the weight to the bottom. Please don't comment because you think they are expensive or because you have any other spiritual/anecdotal feelings about them. I charter and so anything that can potentially allow me to focus on my customers instead of keeping track of some detail is potentially worth considering in terms of rate on return of investment. In particular I am looking at how these riggers could positively affect Laker fishing from the Bar to Olcott in April through May and browns fishing after the fish have moved out of the skinny water. I look forward to any and all informed responses. 

I really like mine love being able to change depth from my seat.. as far as the bottom tracking you can + or - depending on you ball weight. The only issue I had was my ball kept letting out line on my bottom tracking till the cable got messed up then I figured out my transducer cable became unplugged [emoji3061]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 7/14/2021 at 3:52 PM, Zinger11 said:

I really like mine love being able to change depth from my seat.. as far as the bottom tracking you can + or - depending on you ball weight. The only issue I had was my ball kept letting out line on my bottom tracking till the cable got messed up then I figured out my transducer cable became unplugged emoji3061.png

So I have always wondered about this... Anytime I raise/lower my riggers I always have to adjust the rod/reel to match. How does being able to raise/lower from your seat benefit you, if you have to go back and adjust the rod/reel to match? Do you keep the drag loose on your reels or not keep a lot of tension on the rod when you set it? Always thought it was a cool feature but never seemed very practical to me? 

So I have always wondered about this... Anytime I raise/lower my riggers I always have to adjust the rod/reel to match. How does being able to raise/lower from your seat benefit you, if you have to go back and adjust the rod/reel to match? Do you keep the drag loose on your reels or not keep a lot of tension on the rod when you set it? Always thought it was a cool feature but never seemed very practical to me? 
Were I fish near Mexico the bottom doesn't change too quickly so I'll leave them a little loose and take up the slack every once and a while. It's good exercise [emoji123]