Stingray spoons catch fish but don't hold up...

Love Stinger/Stingray spoons, they flat out catch fish... BUT the paint/tape usually gets damaged after just a fish or two... this doesn't happen with the Moonshines, really wish Stinger would fix this.  How long will you guys continue to run a spoon with the paint/tape messed up?  Does anyone have any techniques on how to prevent this from happening as much -- add a clear coat?  thanks

• Like 1

caught 12 steelhead yesterday and they destroyed my stingrays!  when they get damaged I tend to pass them up when going out the next time because they don't looks as pretty as all the other spoons in the box!  

• Like 1

Ha ha, this has been a topic forever for the Stinger Spoons, especially on Lake Erie for walleye. The speculation was always that you would just buy more / new spoons, so why make the paint stick better (at least from Stinger's perspective). This is one reason I prefer taped spoons, they tend to hold up better. Maybe with the change in ownership the new spoons from Stinger will have better paint? Time will tell.

• Like 2

just buy your spoons from galeforcetackle.com there spoons are awesome and there paint has been bullet proof. they have harnesses and small spoons for eyes and the larger spoons for salmon or eyes.

The site looks to be for just walleye. Do you have to special order salmon mags? The site doesn’t show them. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Frogger said:

The site looks to be for just walleye. Do you have to special order salmon mags? The site doesn’t show them. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

the largest spoon they have is the 3 3/4" which isnt as big as mag salmon spoons but they'll still catch plenty of nice salmon and right now they are killing the walleye on the south side of erie on the central basin.

• Like 1